When it comes to dips I usually prefer cold dips, except when they’re filled with cheese like the one pictured above. I made this one the other night for a very light dinner when no one was very hungry, and we just wanted a few things to snack on. I adapted it slightly from Trisha Yearwood’s recipe on the Food Network iPhone app. It’s called Charleston Cheese Dip. Enjoy!
Charleston Cheese Dip
- 1/2 cup mayo
- One 8 ounce package of cream cheese softened
- 1 cup grated sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup grated Monterey Jack Cheese
- 2 to 3 green onions finely choped
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 8 gluten free crackers crushed recipe calls for butter crackers such as Ritz
- 8 slices of bacon cooked and crumbled
- Corn chips crackers or bagel chips, for serving
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl mix together the mayo, softened cream cheese, grated Cheeses, green onions and cayenne pepper. Transfer mixture to a shallow dish such as a 9-inch pie pan. Top the mixture with the cracker crumbs and bake for 15 minutes or until heated through.
- Remove the pan from the oven and top with the crumbled bacon. Serve the dip immediately with the corn chips, crackers or bagel chips.