Edamame is one of my favorite snacks and here’s one of my favorite ways to prepare it. Smoked paprika gives it just a little kick and it’s delicious!
The first time I had edamame was at a local Austin Japanese restaurant called Uchi. We were waiting on our table and they brought out a little bowl full of it. I felt so uncultured because I had no idea how to eat it! Luckily we were with friends who have had it before and they gave us the low down. Don’t eat the shell. Suck out the little pea like things. Got it. After a few edamame, I was hooked and knew I had found a new favorite snack.
Since then, I’ve made it all kinds of different ways. Just simply with olive oil, salt and pepper. Roasted with a little oil, salt and pepper. I once added a few red pepper flakes. But my all time favorite way to eat it is roasted with olive oil, salt, fresh cracked pepper and smoked paprika.
I buy it frozen, cook it in the bag in the microwave and then roast it for 10 minutes. Easy peasy.
Edamame with Smoked Paprika
- A bag of frozen edamame
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Smoked Paprika
- 1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- 2. Cook the edamame in the microwave for 5 minutes, if you bought the steamer bags in the frozen section.
- 3. Mix the edamame with the 3 Tbsp olive oil and a little salt and pepper.
- 4. Roast on a cookie sheet for 10 minutes.
- 5. Let sit on the cookie sheet for a couple of minutes. Sprinkle with a little smoked paprika.
- 6. Serve and enjoy!