Are you searching for ideas for new a ‘do? We’ve pulled together everything you need and want to know about medium length hairstyles. From finding just the right cut and styling it, to the products that will help take care of your hair and make it do what you want it to. Doesn’t that sound amazing?!
Get ready for some serious hair goodness!
Step 1: Browse Through Medium Length Hairstyles and Find THE One
So you’ve decided you want a new hairstyle. Maybe you just grew it out from a short cut. Maybe your hair is super long and it’s time for a change. Or, maybe your hair is already a medium length, but it lacks pizazz. Whatever your hair needs are, we have a bunch of ideas.
Rachel McAdams walked the red carpet sporting a medium length layered hairstyle
If you use Pinterest, I would recommend setting up a board just for hairstyle ideas you’re researching. As you scroll through all of the posts and pictures below, save the ones to your board that you love. Then you can go back later and look through them again, choose the one you want and then show your stylist. I have hundreds of hair ideas on my Pinterest board titled “Hair Styles, Tips & Tricks”. It’s my happy place.
Click on the posts below to browse through medium length hairstyles:
- 25 Medium Length Hairstyles You’ll Want to Copy Now
- 15 of the Cutest Medium Length Layered Hairstyles + Must-Know Tips!
- The Most Popular and Most Requested Celebrity Hairstyles (Cue pictures of Jennifer Aniston and Blake Lively)
- 31 Gorgeous Photos of Julianne Hough’s Hair (From short to medium to long!)
- 30 of the Best Medium Length Hairstyles You’ll Fall In Love With
- 15 Hairstyle Ideas with Bangs
- Best Celebrity Hairstyles and How to Get the Look
- More Best Celebrity Hairstyles of the Week
- 12 Fall Hairstyles to Show Your Stylist
- 15 of the Best Celebrity Hairstyles of the Month
Step 2: Tips, Tricks, and Tutorials on Styling Medium Length Hairstyles
Now that you have your new hairstyle, you need to know how to style it! Do you want to wear it curly? Or how about those messy waves? Or maybe you want to wear it straight, or in a braid or as an up-do. There are so many options and we’ve rounded them up for you below. You can also explore some of the top rated and best hair styling products around, under our recommended products section.
- 25 Half Up Half Down Hairstyles to Try Today
- 10 No Heat Hairstyles with Full Tutorials
- 5 Curling Wand Tips
- 25 Braided Hairstyles for Your Easy Going Summer
- How to Curl Your Hair with a Wand
- Get the Look: An Undone Textured Blowout
- How to Get the Look: Hollywood Glamour
- How to Do a Top Knot
- 40 Wedding Hairstyles You’ll Absolutely Want to Try
- Super Cute Ponytail Hairstyles
- 25 Wavy Hairstyles + How to Get the Look
- 30 Gorgeous Holiday Hairstyles
- How to do a Crown Braid
- 10 Techniques on How to Curl Hair for Beautiful Waves
Top Rated Hair Styling Products:
- Best Selling Hair Wand ($24 with $5 off coupon)
- One of the Most Affordable Hair Wands
- 1 1/2 Inch Curling Iron for Big Curls & Waves
- Best Selling Flat Iron with thousands of great reviews ($35)
- Best Argan Oil Serum for Giving Your Ends Hydration
- OGX Morrocan Hair Oil for hydration on the ends
- Living Proof Restore Revitalize Spray as a heat protectant
- Agave hydrating oil for hydration
- Aria Starr Beauty ORGANIC Argan Oil For Hair, Skin, Face, Nails
Hair Styling Products:
- Toni&Guy Sea Salt Spray for great texture
- Toni&Guy Sculpting Powder
- Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray
- Redken Control Addict 28 hairspray
- Klorane Dry Shampoo to add volume
- Big Sexy Hair Powder Play for a root lifter
- Schwarzkopf Professional OSiS+ Dust It Mattifying Powder to help give texture to roots
- Sexy Hair Big Sexy Blow Dry Volume Gel to add fullness
Step 3: Let’s Explore Hair Color Ideas!
You have your dream haircut. You know how to style it all kinds of different ways. Now maybe you’re ready to experiment with some different hair color ideas! From blondes and brunettes to ombre and bayalage, there are all kinds of fun ideas below.
My Before & After Hair Color Story
- Going Lighter? Enjoy These Blonde Hair Color Ideas
- 25 Stunning Hair Color Ideas for Brunettes
- Hair Color Idea: Starlight Bayalage
- Get the Look: Miranda Lambert’s Hot Pink Hair!
- 5 Steps to Make Your At Home Hair Color Last
- All The Ways to Cover Those Grays
Recommended Products for Coloring At Home & Taking Care of Colored Hair:
At Home Hair Color Products:
- AGEbeautiful hair color (This is salon grade hair color and it’s best for covering gray.)
- L’Oreal Paris ExcellenceAge Perfect Layered Tone Flattering Color (For mature gray)
- Hair Dye Kit (good for if you color your hair at home a lot)
- Nice ‘N Easy (affordable and does the trick!)
- L’Oreal Paris Root Cover Up (My favorite for quick touch-ups)
Shampoo & Conditioner for Color Treated Hair:
- Pantene Pro-V Color Preserve Shine Shampoo
- Pantene Pro-V Color Preserve Shine 2-in-1 Shampoo and Conditioner
Step 4: How To Take Care of Your Hair So It’s Healthy & Beautiful
We put our hair through a lot, don’t we? It’s important to know how to take care of it. Find out how to breathe new life into damaged hair, how to grow it out fast + the top rated and recommended products and more!
Healthy hair awaits you!
- How to Breathe New Life Into Damaged Hair
- 11+ of the Best Tips to Give Thin Hair Volume
- Your First Step to Soft, Beautiful & Healthy Hair
- Anti-Aging Hair Care Tips
- The Ultimate Guide for How to Grow Your Hair Faster
- 5 Tips & Tricks I’ve Implemented to Get My Healthy Hair Back
- Say Goodbye to Dry Hair: Four Tips to Awaken Your Lifeless Locks
We’re constantly updating this page as we post new ideas for your medium length hairstyle, so be sure to check back often!