Smoked Sausage, Pepper & Potato Hash Recipe
A fast, easy and comforting dish that's perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
peeled and chopped
package of smoked sausage
sliced, I used a 14 oz. package
salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat 2 Tbsp. of the Olive Oil in a cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add the chopped potatoes and cook until done, about 7 to 10 minutes.
2. Push the potatoes to the side of the skillet and add the sliced sausage. Cook a few minutes, per side, until heated and browned.
3. While the sausage is cooking, heat the 1 Tbsp olive oil in another skillet and cook the peppers ,onion and garlic together. Cook until tender, but still a little crisp, about 5 to 7 minutes.
4. Season the potatoes and sausage with salt and pepper to taste. Stir around.
5. Add the peppers, onion and garlic to the skillet with the sausage and potatoes and stir to combine. Taste to see if it needs more seasoning.
6. Serve immediately.
If you don't have a red onion, a yellow onion will work fine.