Glowing Green Smoothie
A powerful mix of vegetables and fruit to help you start your day off on the right foot.
- 1 1/2-2 cups 360-480 ml water
- 3/4 pound 340 g organic romaine lettuce, rough chopped, about 1 head
- 1/2 head large bunch or 3/4 small bunch organic spinach
- 3-4 organic celery stalks halved
- 1 organic apple cored, seeded, quartered
- 1 organic pear cored, seeded, quartered
- 1 organic banana peeled
- 1/2 fresh organic lemon peeled, seeded
- 1/3 bunch organic cilantro with stems optional
- 1/3 bunch organic parsley with stems optional
1. Place water, romaine, spinach, celery, and optional ingredients, if using, into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
2. Select Variable 1.
3. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 8.
4. Blend for 30 seconds or until smooth. Stop machine and remove lid.
5. Add apple, pear, banana and lemon to the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
6. Select Variable 1.
7. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
8. Blend for 30 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
You can store leftover smoothie in the fridge, covered tightly, for up to 3 days. You may need to stir or even remix in your blender as the ingredients tend to settle.
Adapted from Vitamix