Chocolate Pudding Dessert
An easy and delicious chocolate pudding dessert that will satisfy anyone's sweet tooth on a warm summer day.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time12 mins
Total Time32 mins
Graham Cracker Crust
- 12 graham crackers
- 5 Tbsp melted butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
If using Flour Crust
- 1 stick of butter softened
- 1 1/2 cups of flour
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts optional
For the layers
- 1 8 oz. package of cream cheese softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 large carton of Cool Whip
- 1 large package of instant chocolate pudding
- 3 cups of milk
- Garnish with chocolate chips or nuts optional
For Graham Cracker Crust
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Pulse graham cracker crumbs, butter, sugar, and salt in a food processor until combined.
2. Firmly press crumb mixture into bottom 9x13 inch pan. Bake crust about 12 to 14 minutes, until golden. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
For Flour Crust
1. Mix softened stick of butter, flour and chopped nuts (optional). Press onto bottom of 9x13 inch pan.
2. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Let cool completely before adding layers.
For Pudding, Cream Cheese, Cool Whip Layers
1. Beat softened cream cheese and powdered sugar until creamy. Fold in 1/2 carton of Cool Whip. Spread this onto cooled crust in 9x13 inch pan.
2. Combine pudding mix and milk, and whisk well. Wait until the pudding sets up (about 5 minutes) and spread on top of white layer in 9x13 inch pan.
3. Top with remaining Cool Whip.
4. Sprinkle with chocolate chips, chocolate shavings or nuts. (Optional)
5. Refrigerate and chill well. Overnight is best.