Hot Chocolate Icing
A smooth, creamy hot chocolate icing recipe that's perfect for the holidays.
- 1/3 cup hot chocolate powdered mix
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 3 sticks butter softened
- 4 1/2 to 5 1/2 cups powdered sugar depending on how thick you want it
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1. Heat the milk and hot cocoa mix together over medium high heat for about 30 seconds, stirring as it heats. Be careful not to let it boil over. Set aside and let it cool.
2. While the hot cocoa mixture is cooling, beat the butter on medium speed until smooth. Add the powdered sugar, one cup at a time, mixing well after each addition.
3. Add the vanilla.
4. Turn the mixer turned down to low, slowly add the cooled hot chocolate mixture. Beat for 3 minutes.
5. Ice the cupcakes with the hot chocolate icing, add mini marshmallows, a sprinkle of powdered hot chocolate and any other decor you'd like.