Easy Taco Hummus Recipe
An easy and tasty taco hummus recipe which requires ingredients found at your local grocery store, or even in your own kitchen.
- 1 tablespoon Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix from 1-oz package
- 1 can 15 oz Progresso™ chick peas (garbanzo beans), undrained
- 1 small can Old El Paso green chilies
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro if desired
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mozzarella cheese if desired
- Pita Chips for serving with
Step 1: To make hummus, drain chick peas, reserving liquid. In blender or food processor, place chick peas, green chilies, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and 1 tablespoon taco seasoning mix. Cover; blend until smooth. Add reserved chick pea liquid, 1 teaspoon at a time, until desired consistency.
Step 2: Garnish hummus with cilantro and mozzarella cheese. Serve with tortilla or pita chips.