Easy Mexican Rice Recipe
This easy Mexican rice recipe comes together quickly and makes for one beautiful dish. This has become our go-to recipe for a side dish or as a filler for Taco Tuesdays.
uncooked rice; cooked in the Instant Pot
or stove top
chopped red onion
small to medium jalapeno
can black beans
drained and rinsed
shredded co-jack cheese
roughly chopped cilantro
salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook the rice according to package directions or in Instant Pot. Set aside.
2. Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in skillet and add red onion and red pepper. Heat until soft, about 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Add jalapeno and heat one minute.
4. Add rinsed and drained black beans and 1 Tbsp taco seasoning to skillet. Mix and heat for one minute.
5. Stir bean and pepper mixture into rice. Add the 1/2 cup of cheese and cilantro and mix. Salt and pepper to taste.
Serve as a taco filling in warm flour or corn tortillas.
Serve as a side dish.